Every Door Direct Mail® (EDDM®), is a service offered by the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) that makes it easy to market locally.
Markit offers Every Door Direct Mail service and can help you produce, print, and submit your mailing to the Postal Service.™
Slash your Mailing Costs with EDDM by:
- Eliminating the cost of buying a mailing list
- Cutting out the fees for processing mail
- Realizing drastically reduced postage fees.
From Press to Prospect, EDDM is an affordable way to reach a large localized audience.
Who should consider EDDM?
- Retailers: Auto dealers, restaurants and pizzerias, pharmacies, clothing stores, furniture dealers, flower shops, coffee shops, bakeries, and more.
- Service-based businesses: Attorneys, health-care professionals, dry cleaners, home-improvement companies, real estate firms, and more.
Here's the Markit-in-Minute Overview of this direct mail service:
You select the neighborhoods you want to reach with the USPS free online tool that takes you through this process. There is a postage estimator and mapping feature that helps you select neighborhoods near your business.
No names or addresses needed - Instead of printing names and street addresses, you use the approved Every Door Direct Mail® format ("Local Postal Customer").
Three of the most popular options for EDDM mailed pieces are: Postcards (6.5" x 9")
Oversized postcards (8.5" x 11")
Tri-fold menus (4.25" x 14").
Submit your mailing at the Post Office that serves the area you want to reach and pay for the service. Payment methods: cash, check, or debit card.
USPS Letter Carrier takes your printed pieces to every home while delivering the day's mail.
Business Building EDDM Ideas:
- Invite customers to a grand opening or to a newly renovated or expanded space.
- Include special offers or "neighborhood only" deals – make customers feel valued and appreciated.
- Announce events like clearance sales, kids' days, anniversary celebrations, and holiday promotions.
- Publicize your participation in community events, such as sidewalk sales and seasonal activities.
- Highlight your hours of operation, especially if you're extending them for the holidays or a special event.
Create an EDDM Campaign for your business - Contact Us Today